itemscope='' itemtype='http://data-vocabulary.org/Review'>

Minggu, 09 Desember 2012

Tenses



Asking Past ActionsTelling past actions
What did you do last Friday?I went to a basketball game.
Where did you go?I went to Ungaran.
When did you get back?I got back on saturday night.
Where did you stay?I stayed with my parent


2.Talking about future plans
Asking someone's planTelling plans
What will you do tomorrow?I'll present the new project in the morning meeting.
When will you finish the reportIn the afternoon
What will we do in class today?We'll play some word games.


3. Past Tense
a. Simple Past Tense
Shows an activity or situation began and ended at a particular time in the past.
Examples:
 - I saw him yesterday
 - They were happy when having a holiday.
b. Past Continuous Tense
It's also called past progressive, is used to emphasize the continuation of an action at a time in the past.
Examples:
 - Jim and Liza were playing tennis yesterday at 11:00.
 - She was not cleaning her room last morning.
c. Past perfect Tense
This is used to show an action that was completed prior to another action that tool place in the past. The past perfect tense is formed using two components: the verb had (have in the past tense), and the past perfect tense helps show which the two events happened first.
Example:
- They had had lunch when i arrived.
(first event: They are their lunch; second event: I arrived).

4. Future Tense
a. "Will" VS "Be Going to"
We use future tense to talk about the activities in the future or if we want to express future plan. if we want to express about future plans we usually use "will" or "to be going to".
Example:
 - I will go to Bandung tomorrow
 - We are going to visit them next weekend.
b. Future Progressive
Future progressive tense is used to indicate action which will be in progress at a time in the future. The future progressive tense is formed by adding will be to the ing form (gerund form) of the main verb.
Examples:
 - will be watching a football match next Sunday afternoon
 - We'll be working on our project this morning.

0 komentar:

Posting Komentar